CETPA´s Prevention ClubhouseMIXTURA
CETPA’s MIXTURA prevention clubhouse program provides programs and services to children between the ages of 12 – 17 that address risky activities, such as gang violence, drug and substance abuse, difficulty meeting academic standards and health-related issues.
Participation is limited to children and youth who are not currently using or abusing alcohol and/or drugs and have no history of a substance use or abuse diagnosis and meet one of the following criteria:
- Children or youth involved in ongoing detention and/or alternative school involvement in the past year.
- Children or youth whose parent(s) have current addiction issues or have been treated for addiction.
- Children or youth experiencing education or social issues that would make them at high risk for substance abuse issues.
- Children who have siblings currently receiving treatment for substance use disorder.
We strive to provide our youth with skills that will help them succeed in life. By the end of our program the teen will:
1. Increase their level of knowledge regarding the dangers of tobacco, alcohol, and other drug prevention information.
2. Learn goal-setting, decision making, bonding with others, identifying and managing emotions and communicating effectively.
3. Their parents will also, demonstrate an increase in their knowledge concerning substance abuse prevention and abilities to talk with their children about alcohol and other drugs.
For more information about any of our prevention programs please call 678-646-5959